Milani Liquif'eye Review

I am getting closer and closer to finishing my beloved MAC Feline Eye Kohl and it was time to start thinking about a replacement.  I had heard the hype about the Milani Liquif'eye liners and decided to give them a try.  Having never used a Milani liner before I can say that I wasn't expecting great things.  However...it is really a great product.

  I purchased both the black and brown pencils.  The Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner is around the $5 price point and can be found at most drugstores in the US.
Left to Right
Milani Brown, Black and Chanel Noir Automatic Liquid Liner
The Liquif'eye liners are highly pigmented and super creamy.  Within a few seconds they completely dry and set.  I swatched the Chanel Liquid liner as a comparison because it is the liquid liner I swear by.  Here comes the only downside to these liners..for me.
I don't feel as if they should be considered or used as a liquid liner. A liquid eyeliner, like the Chanel one or any other is in fact a liquid consistency.  Because the Milani Liquif'eye liner is a pencil, you aren't really able to draw a super thin or precise line. After trying several times I realized I couldn't get the look of a liquid liner, which was kind of disappointing.

The way I like to use Liquif'Eye is by applying it and then quickly smudging out the line with an angled liner brush.  Still not quite the perfect liquid liner dupe but still a great product with amazing longevity and intense pigmentation. 
What do you think of this liner? Are there better ones out there? I'd love to know!
Thanks for reading,
♥ Nikki
 
coompax-digital magazine