Inspired by: 90s Revival

I'm sure many of you have picked up on the 90s revival trends that became the urban hipster's summer uniform, and started turning up in tons of fashion week collections (like Charlotte Ronson pictured below).

Think faded, twee florals, ruffly dresses paired with tough boots, and grungy plaids for fall. Those of you who were teens and older in the mid 90s are probably gagging now, but I have to admit that I LOVE it.

Unfortunately for those of you who are getting Josie Grossie-esque HS flashbacks from this post, I'm pretty sure this trend will be around for a while. Of course, we're also seeing it spill into interiors, and I'm noticing a similar revival in the 90s darling Shabby Chic look (But, God, how I despise that name).

Heck, even the creator of "Shabby Chic" Rachel Ashwell has been featured in the September issues of House Beautiful and Lonny Mag.

However, as much as I'm loving all of these pretty details, I absolutely believe they need to be paired with clean lines and unexpected pieces to avoid looking dated.

Case in point: After years of having two mismatched sofas in my living room, I finally bought a neutral, modernish sectional to take its place. To keep it from being to boring/cold, I plan to style it up with a mix of vintage floral pillows, like these from Octavi, and more basic ones. I can't wait to share when everything gets set up in November!

So, tell me, are you ready for the return of the 90s??
 
coompax-digital magazine