MAC To the Beach Event & Purchase

I attended the MAC To the Beach Event a week ago and it was very hectic to say the least.  
Although my friend and I were scheduled for 8:00p.m. we still had to wait on line outside of the store for about a half an hour.  Once inside the store, it was pure madness.  As you can see these are pretty disappointing photos of the products because we just could not get close enough. At least there were yummy cocktails & canapes.
I was really looking forward to this collection until I saw swatches online.  Everything just seemed okay, not spectacular.  The one item I knew I had to get was Marine Life High-Light Powder.  Although there is an overspray of gold, the gold shimmer only lasts through about 1 or 2 swipes.  After it wears off it is basically a two-tone matte powder.  
For me this isn't really a highlight powder but more of a blush.  
Swatches of the coral shade & the pink shade without the gold overspray.
For me this is the only product that really stood out in this collection.  I like it because of the versatility.  You can either wear it as a baby pink blush or highlight, a coral blush or swirl it together for a very pretty peachy shade. 
I was thinking about getting the darker cream bronzer Weekend because Beach Bronze was way too light for my skin (NW30) and contained so much glitter.  I may go back for Weekend but for now I am enjoying my Chanel Bronze Universel.
I will have pics soon of Marine Life on the cheeks! 
To the Beach is scheduled to come out in stores on Thursday in the U.S.
Are you planning on getting anything from this collection?
♥ Nikki
 
coompax-digital magazine